Flyer Marketing: Choose the Right Flyer Printing Options
Flyers aren’t simple printed promotional materials, they represent the image of the company. A poorly designed flyer printed on a flimsy cheap-looking cardstock will highly unlikely to produce the right impression on your clients. While a flyer printed on a premium quality stock with brilliant color accents will definitely make a clear and solid statement.
Otherwise, flyers are one of the most accessible outreach methods, through both direct mail and other person-to-person delivery. They are simple, tangible, and cost-effective. Whether you’re advertising an event or a promotion, a flyer is a perfect way to get people on board.
Business flyers, known as professional flyers, have a clean layout and design. They can be useful in the promotion not only of your company’s identity but also of your products and services. Flyers for branding purposes need though to include more information about the company to better introduce the target audience to your business.
Popular Uses & Ideas
A flyer covers the very basics: who you are, what you are promoting, and how people can get involved. Pair this information with striking visuals and a unique design to make the most of your flyer marketing! Here are some situations when you could use a flyer:
- Handouts at Networking Events
- Promotional/informal Mailing Pieces
- Restaurant, Spa or Salon Menus
- A short presentation about your School or University
- Trade Show Displays
- Choose The Right Print Options:
- A flyer on a budget is usually printed on 80-lb paper that has a thickness similar to magazines.
- A standard flyer is printed on 100-lb paper, and it’s durable yet lightweight. Think of a manilla folder, and you’ll know what to expect from a 100-lb paper.
- Premium flyers are printed on 110-lb paper, which is thicker and sturdier. This weight is similar to wedding invitations and posters.
- Letter / A4 or 8.5” x 11”: The most standard paper sizes. Ideal for newsletters and tri-fold brochures, as the larger paper size, allows for the most information to be included.
- Half Letter / A5 or approximately 5.5” x 8.5”: Cut the previous paper dimensions in half and you’ll have the half letter/ A5 size. These dimensions are perfect for bi-folds and are one of the most versatile sizes.
- #10 Envelope / Rack Cards: The flyer of 9”x12” with the size of a letter sheet paper folded into three-panels fits inside a standard size 10 envelope making it perfect for direct mail campaigns.
- Square: The exact size varies depending on your needs. Square flyers are unique and will stand out to your recipients.
- Use coated paper for its glare surface that makes images sharp and bright.
- Uncoated paper has a more natural feel that makes it ideal for flyers with a lot of text.
- Matte coated paper is recommended when images and text are both critical for the project. The text on this paper is easy to read, while images look soft and smooth.
- Gloss coated paper has a shiny reflective finish and works best in combination with metallic inks. Choose coated gloss for when you want to show off colors.
- The recycled stock has a more natural feel and is made from 30 -100% recycled materials.
- Folding: Create bi- or tri-fold pamphlets using Letter or Legal size flyers, or create a fold-out poster using a larger size flyer.
- Scoring: Scoring your flyers will allow for a cleaner fold. Scoring is required in order to fold cover stocks.
- Perforation: Create tear-off coupons or response cards.
- Glue Dot Sealing: Keep folded flyers closed during mailing with glue dot sealing.
Visit Our Verapax Store for Premium quality Flyers available in a variety of sizes with a wide range of folding options, ideal for showcasing all types of products and services.